Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Goodness

OK...I admit that it did take long enough for me to get these photos online, but I did not want everyone thinking that this past weekends pork-fest was a total failure.  Quite the opposite.  This recipe was a variation on a recipe from the Abita Beer Cookbook, which I highly recommend!  I had to minimize the amount of liquid for the slow cooker.  Only one bottle of beer for the slow cooker, but that means more for me!  Later I will try to write down my variation.






3 comments:

  1. YUM!!

    Here's a wonderful slaw recipe that I've been making recently too - I think you would approve. Love the crunch of the sunflower seeds and ramen noodles and the sweetness of the oils!!

    Ingredients:

    1 package broccoli slaw
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds
    2-3 green onions diced
    1 package Ramen noodles crushed (chicken flavor)
    1/2 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds

    Dressing Ingredients:

    1/2 cup salad oil
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup white vinegar or red wine vinegar
    flavor packet from Ramen noodles

    Combine and shake well before pouring on slaw.

    1 bag of slaw serves about 6 people. Recipe can be easily doubled.

    Toast almonds, sunflower seeds, and Ramen noodles in oven, 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Watch closely, nuts can burn quickly.

    Throw in chopped green onions.

    Pour dressing on right before serving.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much! I have been looking for a ramen noodle slaw recipe since I used to live in Savannah! There is a tapas restaurant there that serves baby ribs with a ramen slaw. This is on my must try soon list!

    ReplyDelete