Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Blind-fold Recipe

Butternut Squash Dip

My friend Elizabeth sent this recipe to me.  It is so simple and I have to confess I made it even easier.  The dip is basically a big sheet pan with fresh butternut squash, onions, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper roasted at a high temp in the oven then tossed in the food processor with some select winter spices.  A small amount of nutmeg and cayenne pepper with a tablespoon or two of light sour cream or creme fraiche' adds a really nice flavor.  I make pita chips with store bought pita bread toasted in the oven with salt, pepper, and olive oil.  Fresh radishes make a BIG difference!  Keep the green leaves on them, it makes a nice handle for dipping and you can't get the same flavor using pre-cut and packaged radishes.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get creme fraiche up here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Foods is the only place that I have been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled that you've started a blog and so glad you tried the recipe - divine!! Looking forward to seeing all of your fun posts! xo

    ReplyDelete