Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Funday

It was recently brought to my attention that I have been neglecting this blog.  Yes, I have been a bit remiss.  I do need to cook things to write about them.  One of my favorite songwriters once said, "you need to have a life to write about it."  I am dedicating this Sunday Funday to you my blog.  There is a large pork roast in my slow cooker which I do hope to be able to enjoy by the time "The Awards" are on tonight. There is also a nice glass of bubbly to my right, Food Network on the background and two large dogs sitting at my feet.  I already went for a great run this morning so I think I am all set.  I shall indulge.

A thing about the pork roast and the slow cooker.  This is the first use of the new slow cooker.  I have not used one in years!  Not that I am against it, just my former slow cooker sits 1000 miles away in a storage unit in New Orleans.  So on a recent trip to Costco Shaw might have had a impulse buy and I didn't stop him.  For under 20 bucks I got a new kitchen gadget.  The actual roast is pretty large. Possibly too large for the slow cooker, but the nameless person I was shopping with was absolutely certain it would fit.  I have had to alter the Abita Amber Pulled Pork recipe a bit, if it turns out well I am sure there will be a future in depth blog.  If you hear nothing more from me about it, then you can assume it was just as unmemorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment